Tuesday 17 December 2013

Top 10 Drug Store Beauty Products!

Good evening (or morning, or afternoon, depending on when you read this),

A couple of days ago, my good friend Aisha requested that I do a post on my top 10 drug store beauty products.  So basically, anything I could buy from Boots or Superdrug.  This was really hard to come up with a list of just 10, but I managed to narrow it down! Here you go, enjoy reading!

1. Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder: £3.99
This is just superb.  Even though my most recent one broke and has gone from pressed to loose powder (arrrgh, why?!), it is still an absolute essential in my make-up bag.  I use this just after foundation every day and then re apply as needed throughout the day, say if we’ve done some particularly sweaty work in acting or my skin is getting oily, it instantly stops the shining and makes the face look matte, but doesn’t take away the glow from my foundation.


2. Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters: £7.99
I have so many of these in my make-up collection now, they are so good!  They are the perfect blend between a lipstick, gloss and balm.  The pigmentation is really good, they last ages and are so moisturising.  They do lots of different shades, I wore some of the really nice pinky natural tones over summer but swapped to a crimson colour for winter.  These are an absolute essential.


3. Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzo: £11.00
This is probably the best bronzer I have ever tried.  The colour isn’t muddy or orange and it is so easy to apply.  You can easily dust it over your face for a natural bronze look or build it up to contour your cheek bones.  The application is so easy as it isn’t too thick so there’s no danger of putting too much on, which is what you should really be looking for in a bronzer because if you get it slightly wrong, you could look unnatural for the rest of the day.  The pigmentation is still good and you can build it as you want it for your perfect look.  This is a definite essential for girls who love their naturals.


4. L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection PrivĂ©e: £8.19
I picked up this little beauty a few weeks ago and it is my absolute favourite nude lipstick ever.  It has a slight tingle to it, like the Soap and Glory Mother Pucker but not nearly as strong, which plumps your lips nicely.  It is really easy to find your perfect nude.  I didn’t go for an exact match as I might as well just wear Vaseline if I want my lips to be exact, I personally went for just slightly darker so it looks natural and neutral, but slightly noticeable that I have it on.  The pigmentation is really good, it does last quite a while (not as long as the Lip Butters though) and it is certainly moisturising.  I also adore how nice the packaging is, it looks and feels a lot less expensive than it is.


5. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer: £3.99
This is a favourite for most girls I know.  The price is ridiculous in comparison to the quality.  For just £4 you get fantastic coverage that lasts all day without looking cakey or unnatural.  Using it under the eyes gives you an instant lift and it covers redness/blemishes effortlessly.  An absolute must for your make-up bag ladies, this is much better than any high end concealer I have ever tried.


6. Maybelline The Volum Express Falsies Flared Mascara: £7.99
Another essential for me.  This mascara is just gorgeous and I couldn’t be without it.  The formula of the mascara isn’t too waxy so you’re eyelashes don’t feel heavy, they just look gorgeous, long and full (especially due to the special wand which using one side will draw the lashes out and the other side will flare them for volume).  It is totally waterproof, but will come off without a fight in the evening when you’re removing it.  You can’t be without this, I promise if you buy it, you will not regret it.


7. Sleek Lace Blush Trio: £9.99
I actually completely ran out of my second one of these about a month ago and I keep meaning to go back but every time I do they are sold out because they are too damn good and everyone wants one!  It has three blushes in it, one shimmer (my favourite, a natural pink colour with a slight gold shimmer, perfect for party time or a glowing day look), one matte (slightly darker in colour, but still looks great for heightened looks) and a cream blusher (in a kind of orange shade).  All three are gorgeous, apply easily, have great pigmentation and there is a blush for every occasion in there.  Sleek also do similar palettes in different colours but this is my favourite.

8. L'Oreal Paris Infallible Foundation: £12.99
As you know, I’m a Nars lover now, but before that I used this foundation religiously and I’m sure when my Nars runs out and I’m waiting to get my next one, this will be back in use.  It has a very similar finish to Nars, but the consistency is different.  It is a lot sheerer, but still covers all blemishes, and leaves a nice natural glow.  I’d recommend this to anyone who needs a new foundation because it will never leave you disappointed.  However, maybe not the right one for someone with really bad skin as it might not be able to cover it all over.


9. Revlon Enamel Nail Varnish: £6.49
These are the work of an Angel, I swear to God.  For such good quality which doesn’t chip for at least 14 days, it is incredible.  Unlike some nail varnishes, you could get away with just one layer of this, two if you really want it to pop but it’s not needed.  The brush shape is different to most other brands and really gets into the nooks and crannies of the cuticle without it ending up all over your fingers.

 
10. Rimmel London Fix and Perfect Pro Primer: £6.99
I love the Benefit primer a lot, but before that I used this the most.  It is really quite cheap for the quality.  It absorbs quickly into the skin unlike most primers so you can start applying your make-up onto primed skin pretty much straight away.  It doesn’t cause excess oil or residue and is definitely better than the Revlon primer (which is around double the price).


Hope you enjoyed reading and that you found this useful or wanted to try out any of the products mentioned, or even that it helped to pass the time a bit.

Much love,
Rosie
-x-

‘All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players’

No comments:

Post a Comment