Thursday 12 December 2013

His Dark Materials *Not a Euphemism*

Good evening!

My god it's getting cold, I'm genuinely sat here with 6 layers on my top, tights and fleece pyjama bottoms, slipper boots, a hat and a scarf and two electric heaters.  Can't cope with this cold unless it comes with snow or Christmas Day!

Anyways, back to the point of today!  Basically, as you guys know I go to Birmingham Ormiston Academy and for our final Acting production, we are performing 'His Dark Materials', which is an adaptation on the famous book trilogy by Philip Pullman.  If you have no clue what I'm talking about, it is the extended play version of the film 'The Golden Compass', starring Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig.

Why am I telling you this? Because I am super excited about the fact that I got the amazing part of Mrs Coulter in part one!  Basically, I'm Nicole Kidman (if only...).  I genuinely couldn't believe it and I couldn't stop shaking but I am so excited to get to work with some of my best friends and some new people who are all excited to work hard!  I was also really happy for my friend Charlotte who got Lyra and my friend Aisha who got Serephina as they were both desperate for those parts and I am so proud of them both.

I then realised that I am about to enter the most busy term of my life which started pretty much on Monday.  We got the puppy, who is gorgeous but a nightmare for sleep, then I found out about this part, I have a LAMDA mock exam tomorrow, a final studio run of a production on Saturday, my LAMDA exam on Sunday afternoon, a concept meeting for a new show on Sunday evening and then I can rest... hahaha! Only joking!  I kick start the New Year with a production week, which will then be followed by 10-12 weeks of intensive rehearsals for two very different plays (in one, I am a glamorous bitch, in the other I am a tom boy lesbian), taking my driving test, NYT auditions, more puppy training, blogging plus pretty much all my friends are turning 18 so that is busy enough in itself!  Oh my goodness, I can't believe how much there is to do, but even though it'll mean I have to work harder than ever, I feel truly blessed to be given these amazing opportunities.

As you can tell, this week has just been the beginning, but I've come up with some techniques which have really helped me to organise my time.  I've put post notes saying what I need to do every day to tick off on my desk, and specific timings for completing tasks.  So I'll write: 6-7pm = Paint wooden steps black (legit an item on my list from tonight).  It helps me because if I just write a list, I won't stick to it and I'll procrastinate.  This also helps me to think how much time stuff really needs to be spent on.  As far as anxiety goes, the start of this week was a bit intense as there was a bit on conflict at college and it got me a bit panicked when it got loud and aggressive, so I had to do a lot of breathing and calming down and blocking out.

That was a bit of a weird ranty post, just a little update as to what's occuring with me at the moment, as well as some very brief time management tips :)

Coming up in blog posts are:
- 17th Birthday Shenanigans
- Christmas Gift Guide for HIM
- Christmas Decorating
- Beauty Haul with Aisha
- Meet the family
- Why is John Lennon Wearing a Skirt?
- My New Years Resolutions
- Tigi S-Factor Colour Shampoo and Conditioner Review
- Daily Hair Care Routine
- Daily Skin Routine

And many many more, I'm going to be a busy bee for the next few weeks!

Please follow the blog and share with your friends!

Much love,
Rosie
-x-

'I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy.  Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.'

No comments:

Post a Comment