Tuesday 10 December 2013

Christmas Gift Guide for HER!

Hello my dearies,

So a lot has happened since I last spoke to you.  First of all, sadly a few panic attacks but also, to cheer me up, I turned 17, got a puppy and had one of the best weeks of my life!  I've got a very busy blog schedule ready for the next month or two so I'll be sharing some of these moments with you very soon!

This post, however, is a list of gift ideas for HER this Christmas, from pre-teen girls to your grandma.  These are all over £15, any gifts under £15 for girls and guys can be found HERE in my previous blog post.

First up is a gift I have already ordered for my little sister Pippa - The One Direction 'Our Moment' perfume.  My sister is obsessed with 1D and she's only 11 so has never owned a proper perfume, so I think she'll absolutely love this.  I found a 100ml bottle of it for £30 on Amazon HERE, which is great as it's £50+ in department stores for that size.  This is great for early teen girls, but I'd also get this for anyone who loves 1D, I know people who are 26 who have this on their gift list!

Next are for the luxury beauty junkies!  The Urban Decay Eye Shadow Palettes.  I was just going to suggest the Naked palettes (I own Naked, because I like a more bold natural look and it has some smokey colours for a night out, but if you like absolutely plain neutrals, go for Naked 2.  Naked 3 is also coming soon, which is more rose and gold colours, if that's your thing), but I came across their 'Vice 2' palette and I have fallen in love.  This is an absolute go to palette for any party girl.  There are sparkly neutrals, bright colours and bold smoky colours, which you could have so so so much fun experimenting with.  All Urban Decay Eye Shadow palettes are very pigmented, easy to apply, last ages and look gorgeous - any beauty obsessed girl would be so excited to get this.  Vice 2 can be found HERE and for £42 at Debenhams.  The Naked Palette can be found HERE for £37.  You can go to an Urban Decay Stand at any big department store like Debenhams or John Lewis to find them.

Next is Vogue: The Covers.  This is a gorgeous coffee table size book, which has all the famous vogue covers over 100 years of the American Magazine.  I love these kind of books because they're so great to look at and you can pass so much time relaxing and flipping through them.  Fashion junkies will definitely love this.  This is £21.70 from HERE at Amazon.  Another coffee table kind of book is the Lady Gaga X Terry Richardson.  Personally, I love Lady Gaga, I think she is gorgeous and looking at her is really fascinating.  This book shows Gaga in her big crazy costumes, relaxed at home and dressed up for nights out, and gives a true insight in to the woman, showing you a bit about her life and when I was looking at/reading this, I was amazed by what an inspirational person she is.  Anyone would love to have this book under the age of 30 I'd say.  It is £21.70 and can be found HERE at Amazon.

I have a new obsession with Origin that was found when I got one of their face masks for my Birthday.  I went out and got their moisturiser (full review to come soon) and was amazed.  They are so good for your skin and have an immediate impact.  This Christmas at Boots, they are doing gift sets.  Of course, the indiviudal products themselves are more expensive than most so you could get someone one of the face masks, like THIS ONE, which is amazing for £22.  Or, you could really go all out for your mum or an older sister (by that I mean anyone from aged 16 to 60 really, depending on how they feel about skin routines).  If the person in mind for this gift really wants to take care of their skin and likes skin care products, this is literally the perfect luxury product gift.  The best one for older women would be the YOUTHFUL CHEER set for £50, for younger women I'd go for the MOISTURISE AND BE MERRY SET for £40.  A cheaper gift set which smaller sizes is the MERRY MOISTURISERS set for £29.

Lush gift sets are impossible to go wrong with really.  They have sets from £5 to £100, with all sorts in there.  My top 4 (I was going to do 3 but I just couldn't decide) over £15 gift boxes would have to be THE ART OF BATHING which is £42.50 and includes 4 bubble bars and 7 bath ballistics, and they are actually all my favourite year-round products in there.  Next is the THINK PINK set which is £52.50 and just looks incredible for any girly girl who loves a good bath, it looks so adorable and it would make me so excited to get this under the tree.  A specifically Christmas-themed gift is the CHRISTMAS BATHTIME FAVOURITES which has the best of the Christmas collection bath bombs - all of which are amazing and I have used all but Cinders in this package so I can safely say this is 100% worth it and is £34.95.  SEASON'S TWEETINGS is a great Christmas gift set for people who don't like bath stuff, but still want a bit of luxury.  This has lots of shower stuff and moisturisers and looks really cute for £31.95.  Lush has crazy amounts of Christmas and Year-Round gift sets, and if you can splash out, there are lots of bigger ones.  

We all know that candle junkie.  So, this year I think a Jo Malone candle is the ultimate gift for that person.  If someone has or is going to move house then getting them a nice candle from Jo Malone would be perfect for them as a nice house-warming thoughtful gift.  Or, if you just know someone who is obsessed with candles, it would be really nice to get them one as luxury as this. My favourite fragrance is PEAR AND FREESIA, which they have only one size of at £39.  There are other fragrances which have smaller candles for £22, but you can get larger ones up to .  All the fragrances smell incredible though and everyone will like different ones.  Jo Malone have their own stores, but function in department stores as well.  Jo Malone also do PERFUMES for all their fragrances from £37 to £55 and they are brilliant for your mum or grandma or any perfume lover, because Jo Malone is such  an amazing brand so they'd really appreciate it.

This really is a big splash, but an amazing gift for any girl.  It's the Babyliss curl secret styler.  I got this for my birthday (birthday blog also coming soon) and oh my god it is incredible.  My hair doesn't curl easily and the curls never hold, but this is the easiest curling device to use and holds amazingly well.  I managed to get my hands on the professional one with the pro settings as my mum has a friend who is a hair dresser so got us the pro one at the normal one's price.  The regular one (which is still incredible, just less fancy settings but it does the same thing), can be bought HERE from Boots at £119.99.  There are also a million and one places to get it from as well as billions of tutorials from babyliss, beauty gurus and many others for how to achieve different looks.  I'm going to use this in a party look tutorial coming up very soon!

Every girl needs a black handbag - they are the perfect accessory for school, work or days out because they always go with everything.  I've done a lot of looking around and I think I've found the solution for this year.  I think this BLACK WAREHOUSE ZIP DETAIL PADLOCK SHOPPER BAG from ASOS is absolutely goregous.  It looks the perfect size for all your essentials with quite a few mini compartments, and structured bags are definitely in right now.  The padlock is really cute and I just think any woman would love to have this as her daily bag.  This is £38, which isn't bad for a bag at all.  But, if you want to splash out more, there are obviously thousands of structured black leather bags from different companies and if you have absolutely loads of money you could even go to Prada, but I know Warehouse do great quality products and this will last you ages as well as looking totally fabulous.

There are obviously infinite amounts of ideas for women of different ages, but these were just my top ideas that suited a variety of ages and types of people and I hope it was some use to you!  Let me know any ideas of yours or what you're getting your female relatives/close friends!

Hope you enjoyed reading!

Much love,
Rosie
-x-

'Christmas doesn't come from a store, maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more...'

No comments:

Post a Comment