Thursday 26 December 2013

Christmas 2013!

Hello!

So it is Boxing Day 2013, which means obviously that yesterday was Christmas!

I hope from the bottom of my heart that you all had a great Christmas with your family and/or friends and it was a lovely festive day.  Thoughts and love going out to those who had a difficult Christmas this year, especially the people around the area of Surrey and neighboring towns/villages who have sadly been flooded out of their homes and spent Christmas day working in 4ft of water trying to recover what they could.  I was flooded out of my house a few years a go and it was horrible, I can't even imagine how much worse it is for it to happen on Christmas.

I thought it might be nice to share with you some of my favourite moments of Christmas 2013! So I started the day with a cuppa and letting the puppy out, then woke my sister up and we both woke our parents up.  We then went to wake up the grumpy teenagers that are our brothers.  It was easier to wake up my older brother, James, but my younger brother Alex was a lot more work. We had to strip off his duvet (that god he wasn't sleeping naked) and jump on his bed screaming 'ITS CHRISTMASSSS', which was lots of fun!  We opened all our stockings from Santa in my parent's room (big Christmas tradition right there).  Santa was very good this year, a couple of candles, coffee syrups, DVDs, chocolate, pants, socks, pyjamas, iTunes voucher and other bits and bobbles.  We then all got ready, opened a couple of our little presents under the tree and then the rest of my family went to Church whilst I was left to take care of the puppy, peel the potatoes and do some hoovering.  Alex's girlfriend then popped round to exchange presents and shortly after my Grandparents (on my mother's side) arrived from Devon.  We opened a few more presents, watched the Outnumbered Christmas Special and then got started with Christmas dinner.  After such a delicious dinner (my mum even made a vegetarian alternative for EVERYTHING it was so lovely and kind and thoughtful), we were all in a food coma and so all snuggled up to watch Home Alone in the lounge with the fire on and lots of blankets, opening a couple more presents.  After the end of the film, we got a skype call from my lovely Auntie Jenny, who lives in the US.  We got to talk to her, my cousin Bentley and see his daughter Joella who is only two months old.  I haven't seen her like that, only in photos, so it was amazing to see her - hopefully I'll get to meet her in person at some point! We then finished opening all the presents, then had some downtime to sort them out. My dad then called up his family to wish them a happy Christmas. We had some left overs sandwiches (YUM) and then did a Christmas quiz organised by my brother which was really fun.  By now, it was about 9pm and we were all exhausted.

My goodness, it was a busy day!   We had so much fun, Alex got everyone in the family onesies so we wore those all afternoon - mine was a super duper soft bunny onesie which is literally like wearing a blanket.  My sister Pippa got a panda one, my mum got a snow leopard, my dad got a Scotland one and my brother James got a darthfader one.  Alex got a union jack one from someone as well, so we all wore those together and took some rather amusing photos!  I got some amazing presents including a new Naked palette, some mac brushes, a little Lush gift box, some fur lined docks for the treks to college when it starts to snow, a 2014 diary, lots and lots of DVDs (including the Lion King trilogy and The Heat).  My goodness, I was such a lucky girl!  I can't believe how generous everyone was and I'm so greatful and can't wait to write and send out my little thank you cards to all my relatives.

I also managed to trek to Birmingham on Christmas Eve (despite the horrible weather which little old me nearly got blown over by), to see my cousins Adam and Hillary (who is currently studying in Japan, so I haven't seen her in ages) and their mum and her husband, who I haven't seen in about 10 years.  It was a lovely evening, we had coffee and drinks and had a fantastic catch up before I was forced to head home in order to get back in time (I actually got the very last train to leave Birmingham New Street that night!).

Here are a couple of photos from the day (I didn't get as many as you'd think), but it was really a fab day.

My brother snuggled up with our eldest dog, Bonnie, whilst opening the stockings 

Boo, the puppy, all tired out by 10am!

My bedroom full of candles all lit with the Lion King on TV, perfect place to be snuggled up

Caramel coffee

Caramel coffee

My Granny playing the basket head game!

And again!

The cutest and sweetest label ever

Granny handmade this cute village decoration

The snuggliest onesie

Cute little present from my sister

A cheeky selfie from Christmas Eve!

How my make-up looked yesterday, just about to do my hair!

Leave a comment telling me what you got for Christmas or what your favourite part of the day was!  And, as always, please like and follow!

I'd quickly like to point out that this isn't me bragging, I just thought it'd be nice to share what I got up to this Christmas and also this blog isn't getting many followers so more than anything it's a nice way for me to document this part of my life to look back on in the future.

Again, my thoughts and love and prayers going out to those who've had a rough Christmas in the UK with the floods or the recession and in all corners of the globe.  I wish everyone festive happiness and peace and I'll be doing a New Years blog post soon, so I can have a nice reflecting and moving forward post, and I'll wish you all Merry 2014s then - but if you don't manage to catch that, then here is me telling you now to have an amazing 2014 - stay positive and keep moving forwards.  And, if you have time, watch this space, I'm going to be a busy little blogger in 2014.

Lots of festive love,
Rosie
-x-

'The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege'

No comments:

Post a Comment