Sunday 26 January 2014

Top 10 High End Make-Up Products: 'Princess Products'

Hello Sweethearts!

After doing my top 10 drug store brand make-up products, I was inspired to do the ‘top ten’ idea again, but this time using ‘Princess Products’ (i.e. high end brands which are more expensive but so worth it because they are soooo amazing!)  Enjoy! 

WARNING: These products are well loved, and therefore look a bit beaten up or worse for wear.. oopsie.

1. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
This will be no surprise to you because you either have followed my blog so know how obsessed I am with it or know of multiple YouTubers and Bloggers who rave about it! A lot of people rave review about this one, but it is because it is so good.  The coverage is good (for my skin at least, I luckily don’t get blemishes a lot so it’s more about evening out colour), and the finish is just a gorgeous, natural glow.  Click HERE to read my full review of it.  Currently, I use a drug store foundation on a daily basis with a similar finish – the Rimmel Match Perfection, read the review HERE) but this would be my go to foundation for every day if it wasn’t expensive and I wasn’t a student.  But I love using this on special occasions.


2. Naked Palette
An essential for any naturals girl, by a mile.  There are a gorgeous mix of mattes and shimmers, ranging from pale beiges to golds to roses to forrest browns, with a couple of smokey colours thrown in.  The pigmentation is amazing, the finish is stunning and is great for natural every day looks, but also can be used with the darker shades built up for parties and nights out where you maybe don’t want to go too OTT with eye make-up.  I use this pretty much every day, even if only to do a wash of colour.


3. Mac Lipstick
I know everyone on the planet interested in beauty knows how amazing these are, but believe it or not these are a relatively recent discovery for me.  I got this on a mini make-up spree with my friend Aisha because she was so shocked I hadn’t tried them.  I picked up the colour ‘Hot Gossip’ because it seemed like a really good colour and for me, it is perfect.  It is a really natural colour with a pretty pink pop that looks great for daily wear.  I can’t wait to go back and get more shades!


4. Benefit Browzings
This is genuinely the most amazing eye brow filler.  I use it every single day and people are shocked that I fill in my eye brows because they look so natural (my brows are so much lighter than my hair and are really sparse but they look perfect using this).  I think I’ve got the light palette and this works whether I’ve just dyed my hair darker or have let it fade lighter, it still looks great.  The brushes (though small) work really well to shape natural looking brows and the tweezers are fantastic.


5. Benefit Porefessional Primer
You already know how much I love this, it is just perfection for my skin type and I know people with different skin who love it too.  It keeps make-up put for ages and gives your skin a nice soft, supple and clean feel.  It absorbs oil instantly and looks just so incredible and acts as a great base. Read the full review HERE.


6. Benefit ‘They’re Real’ Mascara
I, again, bought this in America as I’d heard amazing reviews about it and I’m now onto my third one.  I do go through waves with mascara as to which one is my favourite and currently I’m adoring this.  Usually, I hate mascara with plastic wands as opposed to fibre, but this really grips your lashes, giving them great length.  My Maybelline falsies is amazing as another layer for nights out but can sometimes give a little too much volume and look heavy on a daily basis.  This is just the right amount and looks really pretty.  It also does wanders and doesn’t smudge for my bottom lashes.  I have gotten consistent compliments on my lashes the past couple of weeks, all down to this. 


7. Lancôme Art Liner
I finally found a better replacement for my boots Natural Collection Eye Liner.  This is without a doubt the best liquid eyeliner on the market.  Applying it is so easy, from really thin natural lines to cat flicks to thick looks.  It comes out black (not grey like other liners) and stays on all day.  This is so essential to my make-up now!


8. Estee Lauder Raisin Duo
I picked this up in Florida as well after the influence of Zoella’s videos on YouTube raving about it.  This is a gorgeous little duo which is natural, yet noticeable and also girly at the same time.  The colours look so beautiful together and are really easy to apply and blend in.  The pigmentation is amazing and the packaging it so lush.


9. Benefit Rockateur Blush
I adore this blush because it isn’t stereotypical red/pink/orange, it is a more browny pink which just has a slight shimmer to give a really natural glow to your cheeks and looks great especially at this time of the year.  It is easy to apply and easy to build up for a more heightened look as well.  The packaging isn't particularly classy or nice compared to other Benefit products, but the blush itself is in quite a cool pattern.


10. Urban Decay Eye Primer
I don’t usually use eye primer, but when I do it has to be this one.  Granted, there aren’t that many around, but this is fantastic.  I used to find when I went out that my eye shadow would go stray and start fading and looking nasty after a few hours of dancing.  I used to use this just on nights out, but now I use it daily as I am doing a lot of physical work at college so I want everything to stay put.  My eye shadow stays put every time, without a single smudge or fade. 


So those were my top 10 ‘Princess Products’!  I hope you enjoyed reading and maybe have some ideas for your first (or next) high end brand make-up purchase!

Much love,
Rosie
-x-

'Even miracles take a little time'

No comments:

Post a Comment