Monday 13 January 2014

Tigi S-Factor Colour Shampoo and Conditioner Set: Review

Hello!

So, as you guys may or may not know, I do dye my hair.  I naturally have mousy brown hair and personally just thought it was actually very boring and I love it darker.  However, being a college student, I can’t be affording to go to the hairdressers to get it done and treated all the time, so I am always dying my hair with home dye kits.  The only dye I have ever had trouble with is Garnier Olia (a definite NO NO and I’ll tell you why in another post soon), but I've always had trouble finding a shampoo/conditioner set that will genuinely enhance the colour.  I've tried all the brands you could possibly think of and not a single one of them has even kept my colour vibrant past the three-week mark and I use permanent dye so this shouldn't be the case.

However, I have found my break-through product.  I am a massive fan of Zoella and when I had dip-dye hair, I watched her video on how to take care of Ombre hair.  She talked very very highly of the Tigi S-Factor Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner.  At the time, I hadn't finished my current shampoo so I wasn’t going to start buying a new one, but once I’d finished that one, I logged onto feelunique.com to do a little bit of research into the brand and I found a Tigi S-Factor Duo specifically for coloured hair!  It made me so happy and excited (that’s a bit sad really, that I get that excited by hair stuff, but I don’t careee!), that I made a bit of a spontaneous decision to get the massive, salon size, bad ass bottles! 

When they arrived, the first thing I did was open up the lid and smell them and OH MY GOD it was incredible.  I felt like my nostrils had died and gone to heaven.  It smells of almond and coconut, which sounds like it wouldn’t be anything special but it literally smells like a tropical party for your head.  It has quite a sweet, yet almost tangy, fragrance which is really hard to describe but it is literally just amazing.  The smell also retains in your hair for quite a while, even when I put my heat defence on my hair before blow drying, I can still smell the ‘tropical party’ right through until the afternoon, where it dies down a bit (sadly) to ‘tropical intimate gathering’, but I’ve never had a shampoo that retains the smell so beautifully throughout the day.

I dye my hair every few months and I started using this after the last time I dyed my hair in October and my hair has never been in better condition – EVER!!  The colour is vibrant, my hair shines, it’s really soft, it has good volume, it feels thick and the dry ends and the huge tangles are a thing of the past (I have hair that is seriously prone to knotting!) – this duo ticks every single box and smells/feels amazing whilst doing it.


Also, I only need two pumps of the shampoo and three pumps of the conditioner.  I have been using this probably every other day since the 4th October and close to four months later, I am around a half of the way through them, so these really are lasting me well – it was around £35 for the duo which is well worth the money for the quality and quantity I’m getting out of it!

If you don’t have coloured hair, I’m certain the Smoothing one that Zoella talks about is just as amazing for your hair, just minus whatever ingredient you need to retain hair dye.  That one smells like strawberries though (mmmmm, I love strawberries!)

I hope this has been a fun little read for you, I’d definitely recommend going for this duo, especially with the nasty effects that the winter weather can have on your hair!

Lots of love,
Rosie
-x-


‘I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels.  Life’s a bitch.  You’ve got to go out and kick ass.’

No comments:

Post a Comment