Tuesday 14 January 2014

Simple ways to lift your mood...

Howdy folks!

So, as you probably well aware due to the really cold, wet and miserable weather it is really moving thick and fast into the peak of Winter hear in England (and a lot of other countries too).  Though this season brings lots of fun things like snowmen, hot chocolate and snuggles in front of the fire (with my dog, because I'm a lonely single pringle), the cold weather, dark mornings and general atmosphere can easily leave you feeling pretty down.  So here are my tips for beating those winter blues...

1. Pop down to Lush, find a bath ballistic or bubble bar (either your classic favourite or one you maybe haven't tried yet but are curious about) and treat yourself to it.  Also, if you don't have tubes of face masks, go to Boots and get one of those £1 single back ones.  Run yourself a hot bath and give yourself a mini pamper.  I did this this evening at it was soo good, I even found some muscle relaxing bath oil which was amazing after the workouts we did today at college.  A refreshing bath leaves you feeling clean, pampered and just a lot calmer about life.

2. Grab a cuppa, a couple of biccies and pop on a good film.  Most nights, I just want to watch Disney movies in a constant stream, but some nights I want to watch a film I can sink my teeth into or a new DVD.  Whichever your choice, just pop it on and relax (with your dog, or your partner if you're lucky enough to have one).

3. Do some exercise.  It sounds weird but even the simple act of popping on a couple of layers and going for a brisk 20-30 minute walk burns a good few calories and releases endorphins, which as you probably know are natural hormones released when we exercise which are also in chocolate, they make you happy and lift your mood.

4. All else failing, have a bit of chocolate.  I'm personally avoiding this at all costs because of my health kick/diet, but I'm sure that soon the winter weather mixed with that time of the month will have me reaching for the malteasers...

5.  Read a good book.  Find that book you've 'been meaning to get round to reading' and read it!  There have been so many books I've been wanting to read, the most recent one being the latest Bridget Jones which I've now got on my iPad to read on the trains.

6. Write in a journal.  This is a new discovery for me, but it's a fantastic way to lift your mood, get rid of tensions and feel a bit better.  If you're feeling happy, those feelings are magnified as when you write the reasons why it makes you feel happier as you're reminding yourself why you're so happy.  If something is bugging you whether it be the awful weather or some bitchy girls at school, writing it down gets it off your chest in a non violent way.  Also, journals are always a good way to pass time and are always really fun to look back on.  One reason I'm really into keeping one at the moment is that this is going to be a crazy year and I have a feeling I'm going to make a lot of personal discoveries so I think it'll be nice to have a document of this change to read over in the near and distant future.

7. Do some internet window shopping.  Actual window shopping is a lot of effort, but chilling under the duvet with Asos, Topshop, Urban Outfitters, Miss Selfridge and wherever else all open in different tabs to have a flick through is actually quite fun and realxing.

8. Do some make-up experimenting.  Having a night in?  That's ok, in fact that's probably the best time to try out different looks.  If I'm in for a while and am bored at home, I might try doing either really weird make-up like an Alien or I'll try and get more creative with eye shadow looks or try out different ways of contouring my face.  It passes time and is actually really fun and you find some pretty cool looks.  You don't have to stress about getting it wrong because you don't have anywhere to be!

9. Similarly, have a play with your hair.  Figure out some cool hairstyles or ways to have your hair.  Go all out and do your dream prom hair or see what your hair looks like with a topknot in a scrunchie.  Have a bit of fun with it!

10. Have fun on YouTube.  I don't know about you, but catching up on YouTubers videos or going back and watching their first ones always makes me smile and passes hours and hours and makes me feel genuinely happier.

So those are ten quick tips to lift your mood and beat those winter blues :)

Much love,
Rosie
-x-

'A goal is a dream with a deadline'

No comments:

Post a Comment