Sunday 26 January 2014

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation: Review!

Hello!

So one of my New Years Resolutions was to find drug store/high street alternatives to my high end products, especially with daily products because (let's face it), I'm a student and can only really afford this stuff on occasion.

That being said, I wanted to look for a great (and cheap) foundation for a daily basis.  I did a lot of looking around and I heard about the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation.  I picked this up on the way home from college about two weeks ago, opting for the shade 'Ivory'.  Though it is a wee bit too pale for me now, I can easily pass it as it is super bendable and I'm not wearing much foundation at the moment anyways.  Also, it's easy to warm up with bronzer.  Plus, give it a few weeks and a couple of snow falls, I will practically be transparent so I might as well have gone a bit lighter.


As mentioned it is super blendable.  It applies beautifully and is also very buildable.  It's easy to just pop a bit on for sheer cover, but also very easy to build up to full coverage.  It covers up scars and redness really well (two of my skin issues) and the tone of it looks great.

Another skin issue I have is that it is quite oily.  My current skin care routine helps a lot, as does my Benefit Porefessional Primer, but I haven't had a foundation in ages which I haven't had to touch up with powder during the day to prevent the oil shining through.  This really stays put, doesn't go oily or shiny and looks radiant/glowing rather than hot/shiny/sweaty.  I love it.

It's £6.99 which is incredible as I feel it has as good a finish as the Nars Sheer Glow (actually Nars is slightly better, but only in terms of a more velvet finish, however it doesn't work as amazingly with oily skin as this one...), which is £30.50.  The bottle feels really nice, it's a good size, it'll last ages and looks nice in your make-up collection.  From now, I'd only wear Nars on a night out or maybe on a more special day.  Don't get me wrong I still love it but it is expensive and not nearly as affordable.

That's just a basic review on the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - I hope it has helped you in some way shape or form.  I'd really recommend this product to anyone, especially those with oily skin!

Much love,
Rosie
-x-

'Your imagination is a preview of life's upcoming attractions'

No comments:

Post a Comment