Thursday 7 November 2013

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation/Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush: Review

Hello!
I’m so sorry that I’ve been very naughty and not done a blog in over a month!  But, I am back and ready to really put a lot of time and effort into my blog.  So, without further-a-do, I give you my first ever review (oooooh that rhymed!)

After hearing A LOT about how amazing the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation was, and after deciding I needed to get a paler winter foundation, I decided to jump on the band wagon and give it a go. I am very glad to be telling you that it does, without a doubt, live up to the hype!
I got the shade ‘Light 5’ on a little shopping trip down Oxford Street and I have been using it for about two weeks now and it is INCREDIBLE. 


Though I wouldn’t actually class it as ‘sheer’ coverage, it is more medium, it is very easy to layer how much you have on depending on what kind of skin day you are having.  The only thing I would say about the application is that because it doesn’t come with a pump (I know right, a bit odd), you either have to buy a pump or really tensely pour it out and hope you don’t end up with too much on your hand.  I’ve bought a pump now and I’d definitely recommend that you do if you decide to opt for this foundation.  It also spreads very easily so you could probably make it a sheerer coverage if you wanted to. 


It instantly makes a difference to the appearance of my skin, but still looks like skin (if that makes any sense?), because it isn’t cakey, it is just lovely and smooth and it gives a lovely, natural and radiant glow.  I have found with other ‘glow’ foundations that you can actually end up looking shiny or sweaty, which really isn’t an attractive look – but with Nars Sheer Glow on, everybody constantly tells me how radiant I look because it just has that little dewy factor that makes your skin look really light and pretty.

 Also, it feels really light on your face – if I just have this on with a spot of concealer and mascara, I genuinely forget I have anything on and when I look in the mirror I’m like ‘DAMN! I am having a REALLY good skin day!’, then I remember and it’s a little bit awkward. 

I apply this using a Sigma Kabuki Flat Top Brush, which I also brought recently on Amazon, and I LOVE it!  It works really well with this foundation - better so than it does with my drugstore L’Oreal foundation, I don’t know exactly why that would be, but it just does.  It buffs the foundation in to the skin really nicely and you’re guaranteed even coverage using this little beauty.   It does work well with other foundations, but for some reason, these two products together seem to be some kind of dream team!

I know my brush is in severe need of a clean, that's high on my to-do list, I promise!

So that is my first review done!  I really hope this makes some kind of sense to you and even though you’ve probably heard this from multiple bloggers and YouTubers, it is truly because it is as amazing as everyone says it is! 

If you’re a teenager and don’t want to fork out £30.50 for a foundation, Christmas is coming up so maybe do a lot of ‘subtle’ hinting at your parents ;)  This was actually a pretty big spend for me in terms of foundation, the only other high-end foundation I’ve had a go with was the Smashbox 15-Hour Wear which I wore in the summer, and I only brought that because it was on sale in Florida, so with the exchange rate PLUS the discount, it was literally 1/3 of the price I would have paid for it here! I bought this at John Lewis on Oxford Street, but most department stores (except Debenhams sadly) sell it, no guarantee they'll sell it in stores, but they always do online and you can get it delivered to your nearest store.

Anyways, I’m getting off topic.  So basically, if you want a gorgeous foundation that will look gorgeous on all skin types (I’ve got combination skin, but I have friends with dry skin who also love this), go for this one.  It will be very worth the money!  Like I said though, Christmas is coming up and this would be a fabulous little thing to get under the tree!

Hope you enjoyed my little foundation rant J

Lots of love,
Rosie
-x-

‘One of the most courageous things you can do is to identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go’

No comments:

Post a Comment