Sunday 24 November 2013

Winter Make-Up Look!

Good Evening!

Lately, I've been experimenting a bit with making a nice casual evening make-up look because I'm going out in the evening a lot, so I wanted a nice look that wasn't overkill, but that still had a few hints of Christmas in it.  This was the final look I came up with and a bit of a 'How-To'!  Hope you enjoy reading this!

Ok, so first off you need a bare face...

(Looking very tired there, Rosie...)

Next is all my complexion work...

I start off by applying the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in 'Light 2' under my eyes and blending in with my finger.  Today, I had really bad dark circles because I've been being naughty and neglecting my skin routine and not sleeping well so this took a lot of work and it sadly ended up sat in the creases, but usually this works a treat I promise!  Second, I use my 'Foundation Dream Team', which you can read my full review of here.  I buff the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation on to my skin using a Sigma Kabuki F80 Brush.  I don't use a primer for this particular look because I don't wear this when I'm going to do sweaty college stuff or going out partying so it doesn't need it.  However, if I was to use one, it would of course by my Benefit Porefessional.  After that, I look like this...

Getting better... but as I said, sadly those circles just aren't budging.  Any of you guys got any tips on better concealers to try for serious emergency situations like this?

Next up is the powder section...


I start by applying a Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder (this one is the old packaging, but same product) in 'Pale Yellow' which I *ahem* 'share' with my mum.  I use the Real Techniques Powder Brush to apply this all over the face, focusing mainly on my oily areas like the T-Zone.  Next, I use my Real Techniques Blush Brush to apply my Soap and Glory Solar Power Bronzing Powder.  This brush is, in my opinion, better for contouring than bronzer, especially if you want a more natural look rather than a really sharp, angled one.  I use this in the hollows of my cheeks to create the contoured effect, then dust lightly around my temples and on any areas where the sun would naturally hit.  I then use my powder brush to apply the Rimmel Mono Blush in Live Pink, because I think at this time of year, bright colours look really nice and cosy.  The powder brush applies the perfect amount to the apples of my cheeks.  This is the result...

(I hope you can see the difference of how my face looks warmer, without being orange)

Next, I do my eyes... 

I use the Seventeen Smokey Eye Trio, I can't remember or find out what the colour combo is called, sorry!  I'm sure you can see it is well loved!  I also don't know exactly what brand these brushes are as I got them for a Birthday, but I got them in a huge set so they're just generic brushes.  I use the shader brush to apply each colour in almost lines down my eye, with the lightest one starting in the corner, moving to the darkest one in the outer lid.  I then blend it together using the fluffy brush.  This is probably the best way to do a blended smoky eye, especially for a beginner.  Just do it in lines then blend it in.  This is the look in the stages...

The lighting is quite bad, but I hope you can see at least how harsh the darkest brown is and how messy the rough lines are.

This is what it looks like once blended in - a lot more natural and pretty.

The finished eye shadow look.

Now the finishing eye touches...
               

First, I curl my eyelashes, using the bog standard Boots Eyelash Curler, then apply my Maybelline the Falsies Mascara.  I then go back to my Seventeen Trio and use the shader brush to apply the dark brown colour under my eye and the lighter colour in the tear duct and under my eye in that kind of area.  I fill in my brows using my Benefit Brow Zing kit.  I then use my (really old and battered) MUA palette, the exact type and make has been scrubbed off, and use that king of light pink colour to highlight under my brows with my fluffy brush, then use to highlight my cheekbones with my finger.  It then looks like this...

Nearly there...

Finally, lip stick...


This is the Kate Moss Lipstick by Rimmel London in 101.  Apply that like you'd apply any other lipstick.  As you can see, I'm nearly out because this is so well loved.  A softer alternative would be my Revlon Lip Butter in 040, which I mentioned in my Boots Haul.  

This is the finished look!  If you go back to the first bare faced photo, you'll see the difference!  This is just a really nice look for this time of year because of the red lipstick, plus the nice shimmery gold tones of the eye shadow.  I think this is just perfect for any winter evening events, from a trip to the pub to walking around the festive Christmas markets.

 

Hope you enjoyed this guys!  Let me know what you think or any of your ideas for the perfect winter make-up look!  I'll put up a party look soon :)

Much love,
Rosie
-x-

'Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of travelling'

No comments:

Post a Comment