Saturday 3 May 2014

Clinique: Take the Day Off Balm - Review!

Hello everyone!

And a warm welcome to our new friend, May - I hope you bring us all joy on our search for Summer!

So as the title suggests, this is a review on the Clinique: Take the Day Off Balm.  I picked up this little beauty in New York a week or so ago.  I had seen several YouTubers rave about it but was skeptical at paying £30 because it is an oil based product and my skin is prone to oil and grease so was unsure if it would be worth it - despite people saying it works wonders in spite of having oily skin.  Anyway, I saw it for $27 and that's under £20 - so significantly cheaper, I had to buy it to see.


This is what it looks like - beautiful packaging, I really feel like I'm using the highest quality of skin care before I even open the lid.  What you do is start off with a dry full face of make-up and dry hands, like so:


I had concealer, powder, bronzer, lip stick, eye shadow, mascara, eye liner and brow filler.  This works equally as amazing though even when I have foundation and heavy eye make-up on, I just use a tiny weeny bit more to break down the extra mascara coats.

I like to first of all tie my hair up in a bun and pop on a towel head band to stop my hair getting wet or greasy from using it.  My head band is from CVS in America but Boots sell them too.


Then, open up the jar/tub.


Use your fingers to get out a reasonable amount (probably just a bit bigger than a 2p coin for today, and a bit more for heavy duty eye make-up) and massage on to a dry face.  Really rub it in, focusing on the difficult areas like eye brows and also mascara.  It feels weird to rub oily stuff all over your eyes at first but it doesn't sting or get through in there - completely safe.  

You take it out as a balm, but massaging it really turns it into a smooth oil that just breaks down your make-up incredibly.  To be fair, it does get a little messy when you're doing it...


But once you've oiled up your face, that's the worst and it's so worth it for the results.  Next step is a personal preference to get my hands slightly damp with warm water and massage into the face and get the residue foaming up slightly.  After that I eiether use warm water to splash my face or use a face/muslin cloth to take it off.  Sometimes I find a bit of excessive eye make-up so will dry my face and hands then repeat on the areas of concern.  Once my face is clean and rinsed, I pat it dry with a towel and I am done.


This is the end result - clean and fresh.  I have only been using this a couple of weeks but in that couple of weeks I have had a period and I haven't even shown a single sign of blemishes.  My skin is just so soft, supple, firm, smooth and radiant.  It also feels a lot fresher and cleaner than using cotton buds every day.  This has simplified my skin routine as now I only have to use toner twice a week and all I do after this is serums and moisturisers.  

Like I mentioned before, my skin is prone to grease and oil, especially in hot weather and at that time of the month and I have dealt with both a lot in the last couple of weeks and literally nothing but amazing skin.  It's like the balm is giving my skin all the oil it needs so it's not producing any extras - it's amazing! My redness has started to clear up a lot too.  


It is just so quick and simple to use, gives way better results than make-up wipes or water cleansers and makes your skin just beautiful.  I'd definitely recommend it to anyone - I will definitely be repurchasing!  

I will also be uploading a new skin care routine in the next month, so stay tuned!

Much love,
Rosie
-x-

'Why fit in when you were born to stand out?'






No comments:

Post a Comment